Is it stupid to make fun of someone for making some mistakes while speaking English if it’s not his first language?

I am 18, i am french, and I speak 5 others languages but I only started to learn English 1 year ago. However when I went in America a few weeks ago to visit this country, I was always bashed by my born American cousins who keeps telling me that my English suck and that I must be a fucking retard for making some basic mistakes. I kept telling them that it’s not my first langue but they keep making fun of me because of my accent and some grammatical mistakes, telling that 1 year is enough for talking a language fluently ( they only speak English btw). Tbh i understand it a lot and I can read books in this language but I never had anyone to practice this with, so when I speak it I feel my lips getting very heavy
60
24