Writers invited: Would you like to write the next portion of an impromptu story?

Thought I'd try something here. I know some of you are enthusiastic writers. I like to dabble as well. I have a movie on in the background, and the narration gave me an idea... what if I began a story, quite open-ended, and you filled in the next bit. Anyone up for that?
Write anything you want (my only restriction is no horror. I don't want to take it in that direction.)

So here goes, just some random thing I whipped up right now...

"We hadn't seen each for years. Back then, there was a connection between us that was stronger than any other I had ever known. Somehow we just clicked, we just understood each other, finishing each other's sentences, filling in each other's empty spaces. In all the years since, all my friendships, all my relationships that began and ended, I compared them to her. Ultimately, they left me feeling unfulfilled, that something was missing, always wanting more.

Sometimes time and circumstance do not allow the story to continue; sometimes you are torn apart. And so, it had been years since we had last seen each other, and today was the day of a reuniting.

I was so excited, so happy, so on edge, I could hardly contain myself. It took me far too long to decide what I would wear, as I had imagined this day so many times in my mind, wondering if it would ever come to pass, but here it was, here I was, in a beautiful park in the middle of the city - lush, verdant, the air rich with the aromatic and familiar scent of flowers blooming, but in the distance, and out of sight, I could not quite place them. Still, it seemed the perfect setting, setting the perfect scene. So, just shy of 3:00 on a Sunday, I rounded the bend, stepping decisively but slowly up the stone pavers pathway, over the small, arched pedestrian bridge, and there I saw her."
10
0