What makes a good film or series for you?

WhiteGlaze
With the drastic changes in the film industry forcibly taking place. New measures will be taken. More series based stories and movies released on Streaming services. But at the root of it all what is it about storytelling that grabs your attention and strikes you the most. The Mandalorian has been the perfect example of this to me. So many shows and movies follow the crowd in order to appeal to mass majorities ideals. They started that with the latest starwars films as well. Starwars gets shit for being typically not politically correct or progressive. And representing conservative values. It stays in its realm rather than constantly mirroring ours. I haven't been able to watch really any other show. I find nothing else quite so intriguing to me. I've lost connective feeling to any other peice of entertainment. And it sort of puzzles me. I like reality singing shows like songland and the voice. But thats all I give a shit for and I think it has something to do with the decline in care for real stories worth being told. Admitedly Mandalorian is a nostalgia filled series that brings me back and has a lot to do with my connection. Im sure once Marvel movies and shows come back I'll be on board with those. But still not near as much as Mandalorian. there's real attention to detail of telling an adventure. The thrill masterfully and gradually present vs other series. Avatar The Last Airbender absolutely has a similar process to it in writing. Netflix cannot screw up that liveaction series.
Updates:
1 mo
SPOILERS!!! BEWARE!!
Add Opinion