How about do I fix my dad related issues?

I just realized, I have been falling for a man who doesn't care about me. Really, the man even has a GF, and flirts with me when he is bored.

It wasn't until early this week, that with the help of some friends I realized he is just triggering the same scenario my dad play in my life when I was a kid.

My dad remarried when I was about 8. And I became the outsider in his new family. He says he cares about me, and loves me, but has never been there for me.

With this man I am talking about, it is basically the same: he tells me he wants to be with me, and all. Yet he has a GF that is not willing to break up with. He comes and goes, when he wants to, and I keep playing along. The odd thing is that I don't want to. I want to stop this now. I want to leave him alone, and never ever have to deal with him again. And realized this week it is about overcoming the wounds from my relationship with my dad.

Any ideas how to "get over" my dad?
1
1