Flowers from boyfriend's mother?

This afternoon at work, I received gorgeous flowers from my boyfriend's mother, who I have visited twice (we're in a LDR). On the last day of my visit this weekend, I never saw my boyfriend's mother or father to say goodbye because his mother found texts on his father's phone suggesting he might be cheating (he's not-they're simply text messages, fortunately). My boyfriend was devastated, and I didn't entirely know what was going on, so I just did my best to be there for him. I just don't understand why, after being so hospitable for a weekend, his mother would send ME flowers as a thanks and apology. I don't know why she's sorry, because she has nothing to be sorry about, and there is nothing to thank in regards to me supporting my boyfriend.

In short, I cannot discern any precedent in this situation. What do you make of the situation? And how should I respond? Thank you in advance.
Flowers from boyfriend's mother?
4
4