My mother is seriously not racist but she has always told me that it’s better if my kids look similar to me, so it’s better if I marry someone who shares a similar phenotype.
At first, I didn’t really listen, but as I got older, I kind of feel the same now. I think it’s cute to have similar looking children.
And I also realized that every single man I really liked in my life comes from one of the Mediterranean countries, and has a stereotypical Mediterranean look (like my current italian guy) meaning I usually knew they came from that region but couldn’t pinpoint which country exactly (dark hair, golden skin, Caucasian facial bone structure, soft hair (not kinky) but not necessarily straight).
It’s not really an ethnical or racial thing, but mostly a phenotypical thing. For example, I would rather not be with a fellow Tunisian who is too Light or too dark to pass as Mediterranean, or with an Italian who is too light that you can’t really tell he is from the Mediterranean.
NB: In case you still didn't notice, I'm not asking about RACE or ETHNICITY, but about PHENOTYPE.
- Yes, and I want my future spouse to have a close phenotype so it can happenVote A
- Yes, but I don’t believe that I necessarily need to be with a spouse who shares a similar phenotype to have children who resemble meVote B
- Not necessarily, it doesn’t matter whether they look similar or notVote C
- I don't want my children to look physically similar to meVote D
- I don’t want childrenVote E
Most Helpful Guy
Ya of course as you grew older you kinda agree but isn't that a bit much lol
You're like a princess with very specific requirements lol
Too many barriers makes for a meh journey. Sometimes taking too many pictures on a vacation takes away from the magic1
Most Helpful Girl
You don't have to be with someone who looks similar to you for your kids to look like you... that's not how genetics work.3