Should I punish my daughter for watching this?

i caught my daughter watching this sims video should i punish her it is very disturbing

1026

What Guys Said 26

• No. Believe me, if you punish her over this, she will remember this video forever. If you leave it be, she'll forget about it by Friday.

• But it is very disgusting did you watch it why you they put this on youtube!

• I saw simulated twerking and pole dancing. I didn't watch it end-to-end.
      Was something worse than that?
      Believe me, in a few years, kids won't even know what twerking is.

When parents make mountains out of molehills, kids become mountain climbers.

• No that was it really hilarious bad animation

• If she is 4, you can't really punish her for something she won't even understand.

If you want to restrict what she sees, that's fine. But I don't see punishment doing any good.

• No lol
    Because if you do --> you are sending the message that it's an 'adult' thing and that it's something wrong... making it even more intriguing

Just go with it... talk to her about it.. watch it with her... and convince her it's stupid but In a friend way... be her friend sometimes not her mom

believe lol... truth

• As a four year old child, just let it go and don't have her watch anymore youtube without your supervision.

• No. If anything it will just confuse her. Kids would just see it as some dumb video. Which it is. If anything you should ask what she actually thinks about it and why she was watching it.

• If she's 4, yes and no. I'd lightly restrict her internet usage for it and try to help her find something that Iasproove of that she also henuinely enjoys (so that she'll watch the other thing instead of Sims videos). But 2 things tell me that nothing bad will come of her watching it. 1, There are no men in the video and it doesn't look realistic at all, so it's not like it's making a statement about how to act in public. And 2, just about any other video out there will indicate that the video in question is weird and stupid.

• Oh no! Your daughter watched a video of some video game characters dancing with bad music playing in the background! What ever will you do?

Grow up lady.

• Well it isn't out business to tell you when to punish your daughter, but I doubt she understood anything in it. Just explain to her that the butt is a gross part of the body and that gross adults sometimes shake it at people, but it is not a good thing to do.

• depends. if you dont want her imitating this behavior then yes.

since you're around my age im guessing your daughter is young. you should also monitor her phone and any social apps she has.

keep a close eye on her she could be doing something you wouldn't like

• in all honesty, she probably doesn't know that this is sexualizing females in a way, sit her down and have a talk. Explain to her that even though this is an animation it still represents what some people perceives as sexual dances and that is it not alright to be watching this type of video whether cartoon or not.

• She could spend her time in a better way.

• No you shouldn't
    And if she is young she shouldn't have been allowed free access to the Internet anyways.

• Lol, you are a sad excuse for a mother. You should punish yourself

• Speak to her and discuss rather than punishment

• she hasn't done anything wrong. She just stumble upon a video on youtube. don't punish her. just tell her that it is inappropriate and she shouldn't do it.
    If she does it again then she disobeyed you, and if if you want to you could punish her at that point

• depends on how old she is. id say if she's not old enough to know whats going on then no

• If that's the worst she watches I think you should be happy just tell her why it's baf

• Uhh if this rattles you, then you probably don't want to look at her text messages

• Depends how old she is.

• If your daughter is smart and catch things quickly then talk to her and make her understand that this is wrong and you should never punish kids for their first mistake but if they do that thing again then yeah definitely.. Punish them

• Trust me there is worse stuff out there that she cou, d be watching act intrested and concerned not angry i agree speak tk her but don punish constructive critisism

• Jesus send that bitch to her room without internet for the rest of her life. That shit funny as hell tho

• You should punish her.

• It's funny.

If it's imitating the actions you're worried about then ask her about what she sees in it. What she should see is a joke, game characters manipulated to be funny. If she thinks this is what guys are into and she's taking notes about how to twerk then punishing her doesn't teach that. All that says is that you don't like it. Get dad to watch it with her and have him laugh at how dumb it is, then it's disarmed.

• Of course you should! A video this mindnumbingly silly and provacative deserves bed with no dessert.

I trust punishment will be fished out accordingly yeah

• How old is your daughter?

• she is 4

• OK, thanks. I totally agree with what abc3643 said. I would not do a thing about it except maybe don't give her unfettered access to YouTube in the future.

What Girls Said 10

• You should be punished for not paying enough attention to what your daughter is doing online. She's a kid, she probably has no idea what's happening in the video. And if she does, you haven't done your job as a parent.

• o like how your mother obviously hasn't done a good job

• suree probable pop pills and cut yourself

• Huh, sounds like you have some emotional issues, dear. No wonder you were so quick to punish a baby. 😂 bye ✌

• How old is your daughter? If she's old enough to know better than yes punish her but if she's not just remind her of what is appropriate and acceptable, monitor what she's watching and set a parental code on the device.
    Mine just turned 4 and she's watched a YouTube video aimed for kids that the baby dolls are on the toilet with diahareea. She also was looking through the videos which were Paw Patrol and somehow got to a clip of a naked man! Thank God it only showed his butt, but after that I learned my lesson and set a parental code and when on the rare occasion she watches YouTube I monitor it.
    I told her that wasn't appropriate, was nasty and garbage. Took the phone from her and we went outside for a walk.

• well I don't know. just explain to her it isn't very proper to do that on the dance floor just with anyone. i have some friends that have no problems twerking in front of whomever.

maybe im just reserved, but to me butt shaking in public is still a bit demeaning, in my opinion.

other than this, it is ok. but dont really punish her. that is nothing. she could have been watching porn. either way im sure she was just exploring the net.

• oh ok she is 4. hmm just explain to her that the moves the girls are doing aren't very proper.

but u should know the proud family was a tv show. that sims is based on that show that had nothing improper for children. the video is loosely based on the family friendly show. so may she was searching proud family videos or just sims videos and happened to stumble upon it.

just dont really punish her making it seem like it is phorbidden and intriguing. just say that the video is funny but the moves the girls are doing aren't moves good girls should do. thats all...

• This is so funny. Tell her to watch the real show. It's much better.

• Why would you? I think you overacted

• That's some dirty shit lmao
    She's too young tho so you have to be more careful

• speak to her, just that

• Not our place to tell you if you should punish her but I would say at least have the discussion as to why she shouldn't be watching it. I don't know about a punishment, though. How old is she?

• no just talk to her and tell her to not do it again in a calm way

• If you think it's disturbing then maybe you're not mature enough to be a parent. It's hilarious.