When you have kids, do you want girls or boys?

• Girls
    Vote A
  • Boys
    Vote B
  • Both
    Vote C
  • None
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Both but I would love to have a little girl to read bedtime stories to. I know I'd be the dad that intimidates every guy who interacts with her though.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d like a boy and then a girl, so he can look out for her 🙂

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• My girlfriend and I already have three - two boys (7 and 6) and my little princess, who is 4. They - and my girlfriend - are my whole universe.

If we got pregnant tomorrow - and it is not impossible - I would be wildly happy regardless if it was a boy or girl.

Our first two were unplanned pregnancies - and they were boys. Our last was planned - and she was a girl. This has led me to theorize that when my girlfriend and I do not plan a pregnancy, we get a boy. When we do, we get a girl. I am willing to test that theory.

(Cue girlfriend rolling here eyes.)

For what it is worth, when we were expecting our first, the most important thing to me was that the baby be healthy, but if I am to be honest, I remember tilting a bit to wanting a boy.

It is ironic, because while I love all three kids, my daughter has me totally wrapped around her finger.

A sample conversation:

Daughter: "Daddy, I want a pony."

Me: "You want a pony? What kind of pony do you want? Do you want two ponies? Want to get them this weekend? We can keep them in the backyard. How about three ponies?"

GF: Interjects (rolls eyes - she has to do that a lot): "You are not getting her a pony."

She's no fun at all. Kidding.

Anyhow, more than you asked, but I think you can catch my drift.

0|0
    0|0
    • Daddy and daughter always have a special bond. i am very close to my father as well. I hope to have boys and girls.

• Well, truth is I love them all and would do anything for them. There is no doubt, though, that I have my daughter right where she wants me. Anyhow, I am sure some day you will be a splendid mommy and your children will be very lucky to have you.

• I'm 63 years old and my current girlfriend is 57. If we have a child, I want an article on the front page of the newspaper and a feature story on the 6:00 local news!

0|0
    0|0
  • Boys... only because there seems to be more girls in the world than boys. If I had the choice and could have boys, at least I would know that in the future there would be some women out there that wouldn't be lonely. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls, always wished to have a little cute daughter to cuddle

2|0
    0|0
  • 2 kids, one girl and one boy. It'll be more than happy

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• I wanted both growing up. But my ex husband wanted a boy to abuse. I ended up praying for girls when I was pregnant until I could leave. I was lucky as he didn’t want girls.

Now I’m blessed with both in the form of bio and step.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would like to have a boy first then wait awhile then have a girl so that her brother can be a big brother, protect her, and willing to take care of her when I need him to

2|0
    0|0
  • Omg. Boys. I would love like 2 or 3 boys. But pregnancy and parenting is tough as hell so maybe 0 boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want two boys and a girl, just like the family I grew up in. Or only girls, sisters always seem so close and I'm sad I don't have a biological one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd love to have all boys, but I get the feeling that it won't happen for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes