My son's fiance is cheating on him, should I tell him?

Both she and my son are 25 and have been together for just over 9 years. and are getting married in 3 weeks. I received an e-mail from someone who has sent me evidence that she and his BFF they have been seeing each other every other day for about 4 months. Most of the time it happens it when he's out of town town or at work. I know that she cheated on him last night. I have NO idea how to handle this. Hey Parents out there as a Mom , should I say anything to my son or just let it work itself out and he will figure it out soon enough?

• YES
  • MAYBE
  • NO
    Vote C
I've had this info for about 3 months now and is wondering to tell him or email it.

82141

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally I wouldn't advocate immediately getting involved. I don't know what kind of evidence you have, but I would prefer for you to have extremely solid, indisputable proof of cheating before recommending letting your son know.

However, if they are going to be married in three weeks, you need to show him whatever the evidence is now. He can decide if it's good enough or not, but divorce these days wrecks men, so you need to do whatever you can to protect him (and your future grandchildren) from that. Not to mention all the consequences that can come from adultery such as sexually transmitted diseases and him unknowingly raising another man's child (ren).

It will be rough, but if she's doing this right before the wedding, I would guess she probably doesn't want to get married and is taking the selfish way out.

• @update

If it's been going on for at least 4 months, and you've had the evidence for this long, chances are he isn't going to figure it out before the wedding in 3 weeks. I would recommend telling him in person but have all of the evidence with you so he can go through it right away and have you there to discuss it with. Who knows how he will handle it, but he'll definitely need you there to provide a third party point of view.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's how i broked up with my ex i knew he was cheating had evidence he was cheating so i confronted him so he moves out and lives with his newer girlfriend... i said no to the question... so if i could do it again i wouldn't confront him and just throw him out... because once he cheats there's no going back... he may love but not 100% you want to find someone who loves you 100% not 75% but the 100%... financially you may need him and that's the hard part... but if you don't even easier... and it's tough and disappointing but you can't linger in dispair either.