Should I stop talking to my brothers track teammate even though we’re friends?

I had a previous question about this. About my brother running track with a guy I think likes me. Me and that guy have been texting but we never meet up to see one another. My brother said to me today that he felt weird that me and his teammate were texting. I asked him why and he said because I was a Sophomore in College and he’s a Junior in highschool (he’s been held back so technically i’m a year older than him because i’m 19 and he’s 18. So he should be a Freshman in college rn.) I reassured my brother that nothing was going on between us, that we were just having friendly conversation, joking around with one another. After I told him our ages he said he understood but that it was still kinda weird. Why does he think it’s weird? Should I stop talking to his teammate? I was kinda upset because i really do enjoy talking to him.

02