Dad died and I don't feel like working anymore. Is this normal?

My dad killed himself about three weeks ago and after that I just don't feel like working anymore. I guess it kind of just took away all the motivation that I had before. Either that or it just made me realize that work isn't all that important. I used to work all the time and it just kind of got me thinking that I need to learn to step back and enjoy life more. When something like that happens it really makes you rethink a lot of stuff. Opinions?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I’m sorry for your loss. I don’t think you should worry about whether it’s normal or not. You’re clearly going through a tough time. Let yourself heal a bit. Maybe ask for some more days off if you can. My husband lost his dad a few years back unexpectedly and it was tough for him to get back into the groove of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't rush yourself. Take time to grieve, but try not to lose your job entirely during the process.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Im on the same line man. My mom passed awhile back and at first it was hard to keep going, that feeling of anything can pulled away. Stay strong, take time for yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror and just let it out man.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes