What is your method of disciplining children?

I do not have kids of my own yet, but I've seen enough spoiled children at my job to know that I will definitely place an emphasis on discipline when it is my time to be a parent. My mother did a good job of disciplining me, although I will not be using her main method (ass whoopins) on my own kids. I actually don't know what other methods are most effective yet, but I will learn over time. By the way, I don't see myself making my kid stare at a wall like the one in the picture lol.What is your method of disciplining children?

74

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad used to make me stand in the corner, arms out, heavy stuff on my hands for hours. My mother would just whoop me. Sometimes my dad would do the same. I say hell nah to all of that bullshit.
    I would just establish right and wrong, and take away something of theirs whether that be their fun time or tv or whatever till they learn their lesson. But nothing physical whatsoever unless I have no choice but to restrain them if they are being destructive. But I don’t have kids yet... so only time will tell.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably how a mix of how my parents raised me , my mom is old school conservative Jamaican style but I rarely got in trouble as a kid but if I did... my god it was game over.

My dad would just get in your head and limit your freedom and fun time, grounded, extra homework, etc.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE