What is your method of disciplining children?

I do not have kids of my own yet, but I've seen enough spoiled children at my job to know that I will definitely place an emphasis on discipline when it is my time to be a parent. My mother did a good job of disciplining me, although I will not be using her main method (ass whoopins) on my own kids. I actually don't know what other methods are most effective yet, but I will learn over time. By the way, I don't see myself making my kid stare at a wall like the one in the picture lol.What is your method of disciplining children?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad used to make me stand in the corner, arms out, heavy stuff on my hands for hours. My mother would just whoop me. Sometimes my dad would do the same. I say hell nah to all of that bullshit.
    I would just establish right and wrong, and take away something of theirs whether that be their fun time or tv or whatever till they learn their lesson. But nothing physical whatsoever unless I have no choice but to restrain them if they are being destructive. But I don’t have kids yet... so only time will tell.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably how a mix of how my parents raised me , my mom is old school conservative Jamaican style but I rarely got in trouble as a kid but if I did... my god it was game over.

My dad would just get in your head and limit your freedom and fun time, grounded, extra homework, etc.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• While "ass whoopins " are highly effective using my own mom as an example , discussing what the child did wrong is also a good tool. If they can understand what they did and why it was wrong sometimes that's enough. I don't condone taking a favourite thing away from the child as this will make them resent you. Rather add on a task that they aren't fond of (like extra chores) .

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't even discipline a cat. I don't know how I will discipline a kid

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, in your defense, cats can be rather strong-willed and independent. A dog would probably be a better test of your ability to discipline.

• The punishment should preferably have a relation to what they did. If my niece doesn't want to brush her teeth, she won't get any candy for the next day. And I always explanain why exactly she get's punished. I would never hit a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sit down and explain to them what they did wrong, what damage it did, and why it’s not okay. Take away phones, PlayStations, toys, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • Spankings

0|0
    1|0
    • Looks like you need to get a spanking from what I see on that profile pic.

• Show All
    • @TallJamaican1991 that’s a very mature thing to do.

• @Pink2000 Thanks. I'm not going to waste my time going back and fourth with some random dude on the internet who is just trying to spread negativity.

• Timeout
    Grounded

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Timeouts or taking away privileges such as toys, desert, screen time.
    My mom used to make us go in time out but we could only leave timeout after reading a chapter of a book.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time outs.

Only primitive morons resort to violence in all but the most extreme cases.

1|0
    0|0
  • Best to meet a counsellor for better patenting

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes