Why do some people think that men and women can't be friends?

1331

Most Helpful Guys

• I have four women with whom I'm friends with. For two of them, there is no sexual attraction, and it's easy to be just friends. (Yes, there is an occasional sexual thought, but nothing that gets in the way) For the other two, there is some sexual attraction at times, but I value their friendship, and refuse to act on the attraction, because the relationship with my girl come first, and because their friendship means too much to me, to ruin it by letting myself give in to an attraction. Also, it works because we have unspoken set boundaries, that we don't cross. We have similar moral beliefs, that make it easier.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Because they think that being close with the opposite sex will eventually lead to sexual tension and desire. They don't understand that not every guy is gonna want to bang his female friend. And vise versa.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Because to many guys it's hard not to have sex in mind while girls need a lot more to see him as romantic partner.

I had guy friends that ended up confessing their feelings. I was far away from any romantic feelings to them. It ended up weird and now we are not friends anymore.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Speaking as someone you used to think man and woman can just be friend's from when I've experienced now they can't men will always have sex on the brain no matter what and woman get emotionally attracted

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is not true. Most of my friends are girls. I've never had any interest in any of them except for my best friend. But I fell in love with her, for who she is. The physical didn't even matter to me. Men are not just mindless beasts. We have hearts, just as you do.

• @David178 I agree with you.