Are most people retarded or just too damn slow to be fast thinkers?

I'll cut to the chase
a year ago when I moved to a new neighborhood I WAS the center of sttattent from EVERYONE... I was stared at by everyone & I was gossiped about by EVERY female... eventually a few of the burly men & aggressive woman started to insult me which led to only 2 brawls where I came out on top
.
im still living here & the fact that it took 2 brawls for me to finally be left alone... EVERY neighbor who was in awe of me eventually had to withstand me every day... im ignored & respected as of now but it feel uncomfortable living here being forced to get along with my enemies

what im curious about is why weren't people smart enough to leave me be in the beggining?

12