Why Are So Many Women Opposed To Being Obedient To Their Husbands?

For many women, hearing the word “obedient” makes them cringe or fills them with anger.
Yet the majority of women would like a man to provide for them, but cannot be obedient to him. Being obedient doesn’t mean being a slave. In slavery it is completely against your will and forced. In obedience, it is out of love and respect. I am not trying to talk down upon my fellow females. Just curious, why do you feel this way? is it due to past experiences? or what?

33