Why Are So Many Women Opposed To Being Obedient To Their Husbands?

For many women, hearing the word “obedient” makes them cringe or fills them with anger.
Yet the majority of women would like a man to provide for them, but cannot be obedient to him. Being obedient doesn’t mean being a slave. In slavery it is completely against your will and forced. In obedience, it is out of love and respect. I am not trying to talk down upon my fellow females. Just curious, why do you feel this way? is it due to past experiences? or what?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• As I recall this came from one of Paul's letters. That alone is enough to make me cringe.
    What works for you is fine. Don't expect it to work for every woman, or, for that matter, man. Self realization and actualization matter. Einstein's first wife was a brilliant scientist in her own right. She was a great help to his early work. Did she get any credit? Do you even remember her name?
    Compare Marie and Pierre Curie. Both got a Nobel prize!
    - QED. Enough said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you mean by obedience, you can't always be obedient because sometimes the man is going to be wrong so blindly following any authority is stupid. But many women like a strong man and are in most ways obedient, but they probably don't feel comfortable talking about it

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of women think of obedience as slavery so that’s why they aren’t obedient

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You are talking what the Bible says, but it also says men love your wives. If a man doesn't love his wife I don't see why she needs to be obedient to him.

0|1
    0|0
  • because they are feminazis and they think that as soon as a man expects something of them that they are sexist. lml, they should both be obediant to eachother tho tf

3|1
    0|1
  • They don't realise that it works both ways.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes