Wow. How shitty is my dad?

He just picked me up for a visit and asked how everything was going. I was honest and told him I feel miserable and everything in my life sucks. I started crying. He got personally offended by this.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Hello whatthefluff girl, did you get out from hospital?
    Tell me why are you surprised from your father's behavior? You knew that he will act this way and it's because of him, all this had happened...

A father must not make his girl cries, if he saw miserable and hurt, he will do anything to make her happy again...

Take her home and make sure that his girl is well, keeping an eye on her and takes good care of her, at least when he sleeps at night, he knows that his girl is happy and fine, also sleeping well in his home... a girl has 2 places where she feels happy comfortable and safe, these 2 places are at her parents house or her husband's house...

I wish you the best whatthefluff, keep us updated

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi Fluff - I think things are very frayed at the moment between yourself and your dad - Every action and reaction is going to get overthought - You have to say I need your support not him getting offended by things - If you are not getting, put working it out to another day - In cases like yours, the priority is yourself and getting yourself right, once you have done that you can work on familial relationships or friendships or whatever but get yourself right first.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• if you are married, why can't you live with your husband?

1|0
    0|0
    • She's not married and she's underage... Even if she was older and married, that doesn't give her father a right to treat her like this.

• Show All
    • yesterday I found out my crush likes me back. He wants to marry me. We had a 2 hour conversation.

• remember my crush who had this accident and ended up in hospital, my long distant cousin, my aunty's brother-in-law, he is my aunty's cousin.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Everything... maybe including him... I could get offended by that possibly but I would say, it's more about being there for you and you need support, it's not about me at that point but let him know you are thankful for the little things he does do, like coming to see you for one, thanks coming to see me, something like that, not everyone has an easy personality to work with but we got to take and work with what we got

1|0
    0|0
  • Your report is not complete. What was he offended about?

1|0
    0|0
    • Because I was miserable and told him so

• I see nothing that could have offended him. Perhaps he had a shitty day as well? Sometimes situations develop, and little things add up until there is an unfortunate trigger. If such situations become a standard, it would be time to re-adjust.

• I don't see any reason as to why he would be offended by the way you feel or the way you are expressing your feelings. It's strange.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry you had to encounter this with your dad, well you got people on here
    think lot about you and wish you the best at getting better and get happiness
    :/ -Hugs-

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems logical to me. If you say ''everything in your life sucks'', he sucks too, or he's at least not doing a good job. What's ''shitty'' about this? I understand him 100%.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think your dad should spend more time with you then putting you in a mental hospital. Maybe he should try hugging you instead. Hugs to you fluff :)

1|0
    0|0
  • He may have felt having to spend time with him is the cause of your sadness

2|0
    0|0
    • Or seen it as u projecting your sadness at him in that situation how would you have preferd him to act if u don't mind me asking

• Agh! I don't know. I don’t really like your dad’s attitude towards you

1|0
    0|0
  • He is not cut out to deal with you and your brother. Unfortunately he doesn't have your mom to help.

1|0
    0|0
  • Damn that's just half assed of him to do that , rather shitty if you ask me

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems pretty shitty but I don't wanna make assumptions or anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pretty shitty

2|0
    0|0
  • Damn.

2|0
    0|0
  • Very

2|0
    0|0
  • 😢😢😢 Sorry for this dear

1|0
    0|0
  • thats pretty shitty i might say

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow.

1|0
    0|0
  • shitty with trace amounts of nuts

2|0
    0|0
  • is he even your dad , sounds like stepdad

1|0
    0|0
  • Ah, you're 16, makes sense

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I'm sorry you are going through a really rough time, girly. I hope it gets better soon, please hang in there!! And he definitely doesn't sound like a very good dad. Very insensitive.

2|0
    0|0
  • He is an asshole and I'm so sorry you are going through that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your dad is really an asshole.

1|0
    0|0
  • For a visit... You live separately or what?

1|0
    0|0
    • Her dad has put her into mental hospital because he thinks that she is “disrespectful” to him.😕

• Show All
    • Um yeah, She has always been facing some peculiar trouble since she’s born.

• by the way how’ve you been? I don’t see you around much🤷‍♂️

• I'm sorry, Fluff. 😞

1|1
    0|0
  • Damn, that's shitty. I sympathise *hugs*

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh please give me a break, my dad is more shitty,

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes