Are step-parents underrated? Would you want to be one?

• No, are you crazy?
  • Yes, I would be OK with being a step-parent

1630

Most Helpful Girls

• I’d say no. My mom married a man with two grown children. I was the youngest daughter. They envied me most of my life. Long story short my dad and I aren’t speaking. But I recommend if you want to have a kid don’t do it with someone who has children. Because when he chooses the other children it breaks the child’s heart.

• My step dad was the best father figure I could of asked for, he became step dad to three pre teen girls and had no kids of his own.
    I would deffinatly be a step mum.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think people who have not had the experience with a step parent would view them as underrated. I would not be necessarily upset with being a step parent, but there are things that you cannot do as a step parent that a parent can do (this actually has to do with the situation of your step parent and if the actual father/mother is in the picture) so it would obviously be different.

• I didn't help create that family so I don't belong there.