How can I improve my relationship with my stepdaughter?

How can I improve my relationship with my stepdaughter?
Updates:
I think she doesn't hate me anymore she huged me today

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First of all, you don't put her photos on a site like this (I hope that's not her anyway)
    Second is, how old are you, this would change many things in your relationship with her.
    Third is, how long has she need your step daughter, and how old is she?
    As for all of these points, you first need to set some ground rules with her and your husband as to where are your limits of your authority upon her as a role model, this will give much clearer view on were you stand with her.

7|2
    0|0
  • Supply and demand..
    You can't be her mom.. And you honestly don't want to...
    She is looking for fame and attention if she is 13 and posting insta...
    Take her with you to social events.. Along with your husband..
    Ask her.. And I promise she won't say no..
    And trust me she will intentionally embarrass you.. She will.. But if you show that you care more about her.. Then the society you just might crack open her up.. Also she is looking for social liking.. So she won't do embarrassing things in public instead she will try to use this moment to gain higher social status..
    Also make sure she gets to wear good dress up while going out..
    Trust me she wants to get boys attention.. But if you can supply that to her in contained environment she will begin to like you..
    Don't treat her like a kid.. Treat her like an adult.. Or teenager

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would she want boys Attention? She taken?

• And she is teenager!.. You know how they operate!.
      Get her and her boyfriend to go out with you guys in social events if they can! fun at places.. Where they can Dance together! Or enjoy quality time together!. That will work..

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing my step mom did was she found out what I really wanted one time and when I got home from a school it was on my bed and it had a note that said come down stairs and she took me to my face food and we went to the mall but the trick is don’t buy her anything at the mall and if you do set a money limit don’t give her everything she wants so she thinks she owns you but it made me and her bond more

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I'm sure you meant no harm by posting the photo. You were just showing what you're dealing with. A hormonal, precocious teenager who hates you. But isn't that every teen? I know I hated my parents at that age. Heck, I still do sometimes. And I'm 45!
    I think it just takes time. You could try doing things with her. Take her shopping.

0|0
    0|0
    • No my ex boyfriend had a 16 year old who loved me

• Show All
    • Thanks

• She came to my room and ask me if i can help her with hw. i guess she doesn't hate me anymore

• hahaha!! its best to just run. If that's her in the picture i can already tell she is bad news and nothing is going to change her.

1|0
    0|0
    • She reminds me of this Pix of my sister's daughter at this age but as the little devil grew older, she did Okay, bae, For herself. xx

• She bad news how?

• i'm getting bad vibes from looking at that picture.

• How old is the step daughter? Find a common interest and go from there, younger ones are easier to get along with. Older ones just give them a bit of space. Treat them like adults. They will warm up to you on their on pace

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop taking her picture & posting it on the internet for starters

1|0
    1|0
    • She knows she uses this app

• I can't tell you how if you don't tell anything about the situation
    And a weird selfie won't help at all

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the need to post her pic?

2|0
    0|0
  • First step: don't post pictures of her online

3|0
    0|0
  • Lol why post a pic of her? lmfao.

1|0
    0|0
  • 😁 this made me laugh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't

0|0
    0|0
  • oh she is just a kid 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, its whether she liked you from the beginning or not. Unless she goes through something dangerous with you then that would create a bond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Buy her a vibrator

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Make it clear that you don't want to replace her mother. Your relationship ship should be rather like friends and not like you're her authority

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you post her picture? There was no need to post her picture

0|0
    0|0
    • What was the point? Were you trying to see if any pedo finds your step daughter attractive? I thought you genuinely wanted to know how to improve your relationship with her and make your bond stronger.. But then I saw you've posted a picture. Now I can't take your question seriously.

• I really hope that isn't her, because how stupid are you to put up a picture or your step daughter but you post anonymously? Like this is the internet and not a very good site to do that on. Seriously

0|0
    0|0
  • More Girl Time Together. Like going Out.
    More Communication and Caring and Sharing. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
    • Be patient. You will Grow on Her. xxoo

• I been trying but everyone we go she like i hate this i hate u

• Ask her about her personal life, but don’t be too nosy, give her time don’t rush anything.. talk to her like if you were her friend not her step mom make her feel like she has a friend to run too never she needs it.. make her feel comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
    • I tried and she like go away I want my mom back

• The is big key is to tell her “ I would never replace your moms place” but we could be really good friends and take her out shopping, have some alone time

• What’s the problem?
    I can’t give advice without knowing what’s going on

0|0
    0|0
    • She hates me

• Show All
    • I married her father 2 months ago and ever since she told me she wishes I would die and she wants her real mom back

• Ahhh... ok... I’ll answer that one tomorrow

• By not posting pictures of her on social media for total strangers to see.

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG, she is already posting to Instagram. LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • YOU SHOULD NOT PUT PHOTOS OF CHILDREN ON HERE!!!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes