How can I improve my relationship with my stepdaughter?

I think she doesn't hate me anymore she huged me today

1015

Most Helpful Guys

• First of all, you don't put her photos on a site like this (I hope that's not her anyway)
    Second is, how old are you, this would change many things in your relationship with her.
    Third is, how long has she need your step daughter, and how old is she?
    As for all of these points, you first need to set some ground rules with her and your husband as to where are your limits of your authority upon her as a role model, this will give much clearer view on were you stand with her.

• Supply and demand..
    You can't be her mom.. And you honestly don't want to...
    She is looking for fame and attention if she is 13 and posting insta...
    Take her with you to social events.. Along with your husband..
    Ask her.. And I promise she won't say no..
    And trust me she will intentionally embarrass you.. She will.. But if you show that you care more about her.. Then the society you just might crack open her up.. Also she is looking for social liking.. So she won't do embarrassing things in public instead she will try to use this moment to gain higher social status..
    Also make sure she gets to wear good dress up while going out..
    Trust me she wants to get boys attention.. But if you can supply that to her in contained environment she will begin to like you..
    Don't treat her like a kid.. Treat her like an adult.. Or teenager

• Why would she want boys Attention? She taken?

• And she is teenager!.. You know how they operate!.
      Get her and her boyfriend to go out with you guys in social events if they can! fun at places.. Where they can Dance together! Or enjoy quality time together!. That will work..

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing my step mom did was she found out what I really wanted one time and when I got home from a school it was on my bed and it had a note that said come down stairs and she took me to my face food and we went to the mall but the trick is don’t buy her anything at the mall and if you do set a money limit don’t give her everything she wants so she thinks she owns you but it made me and her bond more