Would you raise your children like your parents raised you?

2439

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't want children. If we speaks of if-scenarios where I had children I would say that it would be ideal in my opinion if I raised my children like my mother, but I'm not sure if I would manage to do it as well. I'm an impatient and selfish person, so I don't know if I would be motivated enough to put so much effort, money and time in someone else. I loves having spare time and doing what I wants to do, therefor I don't want children.

I would probably be more involved in their dating and partying life than my mother would if I had some. I would learn them how to use a contraception when they're in the partying age, that a no is a no and that unwanted pregnancy have consequences. I would also teach them drinking too much isn't good and more than a cup of alcohol is unnecessary. I would also tell them if they drinks alcohol, smoke or use snus, I won't give any financially support for their driving license. It would be no smoking, snus or alcohol before 18. No dating before 16 and no sex before 18.

• I did raise my children mostly like I was raised because I thought my parents mostly did pretty well. There were a few differences though. I was much more involved with my kids than my father was and took much different approaches to religion and sex than my mother did, but other than that I think it was pretty similar.

Most Helpful Girls

• No way. My dad was cruel and vindictive and abusive and my other was neglectful and hostile and full of hate and abuse and corruption. Also my dad tried to corrupt me morally by teaching me to worship money and beauty and power and social status. He would get angry at me if I failed to hide my emotions and from a young age my dad taught me to lie and be fake and feign emotions I was not feeling. I became anorexic when I was 9 years old because my dad told me that if I wasn't skinny - people would not want to be friends with me.

• Yes and No. My parents always taught me the core values in life but prevented me from forming judgements from my own experiences. If they dont like my boyfriend and i dont listen to their advice, it would be wrong to them. But children should (no matter how much you hate the idea/person or disagree) be given the freedom to do what they want and learn from it themselves. This doesn't mean core values shouldn't be taught but for instance (an extreme case) your child decides to try drugs despite everything you have told them what are you going to do about it? You can be mad and disown them for being stupid and disregarding what youve advised but at the end of the day that does nothing. If they land themselves into a bad place thats a choice they have made and their mistake they must learn for themselves.