Is it immoral to be friends with someone just because you're worried they'll kill themselves?

It definitely seems like a small price to pay to save a life, I would do it any day. But is it immoral?Is it immoral to be friends with someone just because you're worried they'll kill themselves?
  • It is immoral
  • It is moral
  • Other (comment)
    Vote C

24

Most Helpful Girl

• It is the right thing to do if someone really does need help but if they're guilting you into doing things and being with them and hold suicide threats over your head chances are they're not suicidal they're just being abusive and controlling. It can be hard to tell the difference though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question and I agree with your point, because it's not really about the friendship, it's more about concern.

It is a smaller price to pay, but I think the bigger picture is more important here and it COULD lead to a friendship, if you're successful in helping them or maybe something more, though I do think it's important to try to get them to a point where they can deal with some things on their own, so they don't become to dependant on you, like someone else said or at least get them the help they need, if there's only so much you can do.