Is it immoral to be friends with someone just because you're worried they'll kill themselves?

It definitely seems like a small price to pay to save a life, I would do it any day. But is it immoral?Is it immoral to be friends with someone just because you're worried they'll kill themselves?
  • It is immoral
    Vote A
  • It is moral
    Vote B
  • Other (comment)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is the right thing to do if someone really does need help but if they're guilting you into doing things and being with them and hold suicide threats over your head chances are they're not suicidal they're just being abusive and controlling. It can be hard to tell the difference though.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question and I agree with your point, because it's not really about the friendship, it's more about concern.

It is a smaller price to pay, but I think the bigger picture is more important here and it COULD lead to a friendship, if you're successful in helping them or maybe something more, though I do think it's important to try to get them to a point where they can deal with some things on their own, so they don't become to dependant on you, like someone else said or at least get them the help they need, if there's only so much you can do.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It’s neither moral or immoral really.

It all boils down to how you feel personally.

Personally I’ve done this my entire life and only a few times has it turned out that I couldn’t honestly call the suicidal person my friend.

Do what you think is right, but don’t make yourself uncomfortable.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Its not really a good idea if you feel forced to do so. They will become quite dependant on you

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

Thank you for your opinion. :)

• It is not but why would you think it is immoral?

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

I believe it could be immoral since the friendship is basically a lie. You aren't just their friend because you think they're a good person or enjoy your company. It also could make you feel as if you're obligated to be friends with them. A forced friendship is not morally correct in my opinion. It is nice to hear yours though, thank you.

• 7d

Actually being friends is not always about interests and stuff but it's also about the bond. Also the point is the satisfaction you feel when you help someone as long as you're making that choice that is making you happy and not being forced.

• helping people is not immoral.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes