How can you tell if someone is lying?

Via text

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You know when someone is lying when their various statements contradict one another. Truth is consistent with all other truth. As far as body language, facial expressions, or tone of voice, I haven't mastered that yet, and neither have most people.

1|1
    0|0
  • every person has a tell. in person of course, but, if it's through text, it'll be more difficult to tell. my tell for example is that i generally can't look you in the eye and tell you the lie. i just can't do it because then i wind up smiling too much, and usually that generally means im lying. also, im a drunk liar. when im drinking, i lie.

so, like i said, it'll be easier to tell in person because they'll have a tell, but, over text it'll be tougher. if you catch them in multiple lies, see if you can notice a physical pattern with them

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what they’re saying. For example, if I say I’m related to Mick Jagger, he’s my distant second cousin.
    I’m lying because it’s too far fetched. If I were related to a celebrity, I wouldn’t brag about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Well you see, if a person is lying, they'd be positioned horizontally as opposed to a vertically if they were standing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very difficult unless you know the person and they seem off but text in generally can easily be interpreted since you can’t see their body language

0|0
    0|0
  • you ask them, if they say yes they are lying. If they say no they are lying.

0|0
    0|0
  • When they don't look sincere it's in the eyes they never lie

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes. Body language isn't always clear as to whether the person is lying or just nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Comprehensive logic.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't. Or can you?

1|0
    0|0
  • The text will be slanted and red in color.

1|0
    0|0
  • Via text

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Once my now ex (thank God) boyfriend texted with me and sex chatted with me again (but in a fake account and he didn't know ) SIMULTANEOUSLY. You can't know 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • You could ask a trap question and hope they fall for it but its honestly rather impossible to tell if someone is lying via text if they're halfway intelligent

0|0
    1|0
  • By getting to Know their Pattern of Text Messages and the Continuous Way With What They Say. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • By there body language.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the lie. I read somewhere that if someone doesn't use contractions and says "did not" instead of "didn't" etc. it's a signal they're lying. Maybe it can apply to texting as well? Also if you confront the person about lying, they'll flatly deny it and get defensive. Hope that helps!

0|0
    0|0
  • When they have trouble remembering what they told you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes