How can you tell if someone is lying?

Via text

711

Most Helpful Guys

• You know when someone is lying when their various statements contradict one another. Truth is consistent with all other truth. As far as body language, facial expressions, or tone of voice, I haven't mastered that yet, and neither have most people.

• every person has a tell. in person of course, but, if it's through text, it'll be more difficult to tell. my tell for example is that i generally can't look you in the eye and tell you the lie. i just can't do it because then i wind up smiling too much, and usually that generally means im lying. also, im a drunk liar. when im drinking, i lie.

so, like i said, it'll be easier to tell in person because they'll have a tell, but, over text it'll be tougher. if you catch them in multiple lies, see if you can notice a physical pattern with them

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what they’re saying. For example, if I say I’m related to Mick Jagger, he’s my distant second cousin.
    I’m lying because it’s too far fetched. If I were related to a celebrity, I wouldn’t brag about it.