How are things different now to when you were a child?

How are things no compared to when you were younger? Are they any better/worse?
What would you change if you had the chance?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh my God... it was different... i had to go with dad to cut wood so we might be warm in winter.. i had to go to the garden and work ot so we have food. There was no cell phones. There wa no computer's. Playboy was the magazine to hide I learn in highschool on an electric typewriter how to use a keyboard years ahead of my time. Dating was find a girl peak her interest and date her till you got married. Divorce was a dirty word. A dick in a girls mouth was nasty. Gays waa still in the closets. My how times sure did change.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Although a lot of people who have answered think of like.. the world I personally dont. When it comes to the world its worse I mean- its like normal now that the weather is gonna go like ”hottest summer in 50 years!” and stuff like that. In my personal life however its better. As a child I was very lonely and my only friend at the time wasn't the best (i was also a bit of an ass sometimes tho), almost all kids at school felt like they looked down on me cause I was different, I felt like my mom had abandoned me, I was unhealthier and I wished I was like everyone else.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• When i was a child all i had to do was go to school
    i had no worries but when i was a teenager things
    all changed. My parents had many arguments
    even as a child my dad would verbally abuse me
    my parents marriage was always rocky and they
    separated in 1990-92 and in 1994 got divorced
    my mom passed away Nov 10, 2003 so life has
    been challenging for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Worse now. I love the life back then. I kinda hate technology now.
    And I find I and a decade younger generation do the same things. I feel as we are stuck in somewhere. I fee as world doesn't go forward.

1|1
    0|0
  • If something needed changing I would change it.
    I find it remarkable that you could compare your childhood to your adulthood. EVERYTHING is different. Did you just never grow up? What happened?

1|0
    0|0
  • Most things are far worse. I can't compare the two.

1|1
    0|0
  • Technology is more advanced. Most things are worse. PC games have been dumbed down for the console crowd. The culture in america has gone down the toilet. Now we have to pretend mental illness is normal, people are actually voting for marxists instead of running them out of town. People want to place trust in government instead of taking care of themselves.

When I was a kid home computers weren't everywhere. Mobile phones were rare, cell phones didn't exist.

What would I change? I'd get rid of gun control laws, diversity quotas, and stop forcing people to pretend/teach kids that transgenderism and homosexuality are normal. Id change it so Reagan never gave illegal aliens amnesty. Id get rid of the Hughes amendment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything in the world is much worse

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm still a child

1|0
    0|0
  • Yupp ig, nothing makes me happy anymore

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Not really any different.

Same shit, different technology.

I'd probably change reality so limewire never happened because I gave us sooooo many viruses downloading 3 Doors Down and Incubus songs in like 2004, 2005-ish.

1|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, most things haven't changed, but some things have changed for the worse. I wouldn't change anything though, because sometimes things get better when they're left behind (yes, I'm talking about people).

1|0
    0|0
  • The technology. I had a great childhood where I didn’t need that. I played outside on my bike, or playing with my toys, no one had their face in a phone - great times

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow. Where to start?
    1.) Growing up I actually played with toys. I didn’t go on the internet and watch other children play with toys. Hell, there was no internet then. Lol
    2.) My friends and I actually played games outside like hop scotch, jump rope, hide & go seek, hot cold butter beat, freeze tag, etc. . We played video games too but we weren’t glued to it. That’s when sonic, Tetris & paceman was around.
    3.) I listened to CD’s and recorded songs I liked on the radio. I even recorded music videos.
    4.) I woke up early Saturdays to watch “one Saturday morning” & @ night watched snick
    5.) I stayed up late at night on the house phone. I pressed *69 if someone played on my phone. I pressed mute if my friend and I were calling someone on 3way and they didn’t know I was on the phone.

Like sooo much has changed. This generation will NEVER know.

2|0
    0|0
  • Things are harder now but it's getting better 👍🏼also I was much much more innocent to the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • Phones are amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like no one goes outside anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I didn’t have to work in as a child.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes