Any advice on dealing with a difficult friend?

I have a friend who's a bit of a hypocrit and never seems to understand that they can do wrong. For example they may ask to hang out on a Saturday at 2pm (and before I was able to drive they'd pick me up) but they'd come for 5pm or 6pm. If I texted them asking if thing were good and if they were on their way they'd just say I'll be there soon. This didn't bug me much I got used to them being 3-4 hours late. I'd just do something until they got to my place, then throw on my shoes and leave. It annoyed them I wasn't standing at the door waiting usually but I basically ignored it.

The thing that's annoys me is that they'll host a thing for a group at say 3pm. Just a normal hangout if I happen to get there at 3:01pm they'd be pissed the entire night. If we have plans in a group setting and I have to delay due to family matters that have come up, they're wanting to know when I'll be done. If I give them an honest answer they keep asking "What time?". If I give them a time and say I'll be longer than expected about half hour before then they'll ask for another time (and so on). They get pissed and stay pissed when I have to extend the time (which is really only on rare occasions) and would stay pissed off basicaly the whole time we hung out. The same thing goes if I ever have to cancel due to something ig popping up (again really rare occasions).

The thing is they aren't a bad person and have been a really good friend to me in the past. They've helped me through hard times and we've had a lot of good and fun moments too. It's just that they're really sensitive and difficult to deal with. They get hurt over little things like people not following them when we're all hanging in a group someplace when they randomly just wander off without saying anything and trying to talk to them about their hurt they just blame everyone else for it.

11