Should I reply to her texts?

I have been hanging out with this woman for a year or so. She is in the middle of a divorce/separation so I have never seriously looked at her as a romantic interest. Hanging out as friends has been great but in the last three months three things have occurred and I am not sure how to read the situation.

First a little more history. This wonderful lady really pursued the friendship. She would be the one to invite herself to my place for dinners or hint we should go to a movie together. I took it as this is how she wants to communicate and it is no skin off my back. She always gave some excuse why not if I asked her. We would text often and she has even sent me some pictures of herself (clothed) but very appealing. We have never held hands or kissed although I can tell at times there is some chemistry and she does touch me often when she laughs at my jokes. It is hugs every time we meet or leave our company.

The issue is that she started posting how great friends we were. So much so it seemed she was sending someone a message. Me, I have never made a move nor would have considered it. My real friends started to notice and warned me about the friend zone/box. I did some research and I am not 100% convinced that is the case but during my assessment I realized I was developing quite a companionship bond with her.

To the point, I let her know that that the barriers that prevented me from responding to her signals were now gone and I would like to get to know her better and then suddenly she disappeared. She broke a tentative activity we planned and then seemed to avoid me. I did not say I wanted to sleep with her only that I have enjoyed getting to know her this last year and I looked forward to more over the next year. I texted her to find out if everything was OK. (my first mistake) Through the next bunch of texts she thinks I am pursuing a romantic or sexual relationship and has let me know there is another guy from out of town she wants to be with. First time she has ever talked about another love interest of hers.

She claims to have been very upset and sad that we are no longer friends. What? At any rate she has travelled to see this guy and I do not know what has happened. What confuses me is that she doesn’t treat me as a friend. I have never met her close friends or kids. She never talks to me about love interests or talk to me of my love interests. Whenever we meet it was at my place or in a discreet location. Now I have not seen her in a month and she does text or message me with platonic talk. What I am asking is am I a total idiot and should pursue her or since I am not hooked and can leave the situation easily should I just ignore her and go about my business.

I have a lot to offer in friendship or romance but I really feel this girl abandoned me when I opened up to her. She just texted me and I did not respond. Should I Reply?

+1 y
So I have two answers and both are opposite. Sounds like I have to decide what I want on my own and then make it happen. It was interesting to hear both views and they both have some truth and are plausible. What to do?
+1 y
Wow, She is still out of town and is going out to dinner and to a hockey game with him. I guess Crsschb was right. But wait, I get a text. "How are you doing?" Hope or tourcher?
+1 y
Well, She had a full week away with this guy and has started posting pictures of her time. They were all tame and very similar to the pictures she has posted of our times togetheer. She texts me with caring words but no commitment to resolve this impass.
+1 y
She and I have not seen each other for a month now. She still texts me. It is hot and cold but at least pleasant. She wants me to feel that I am her friend. If it is meant to be something will change again and at least then I will be prepared.
+1 y
It has been 60days since we last met. Last night we went out for appys and a talk. It ended up dinner and a start of a talk. She aknowleged she pulled away. I had not been improper. She wants our frienship first. Felt natural and good.
Should I reply to her texts?
3
2