If you had to move to a distant land without your friends and family, would you do it?

Move to a distant land without your friends and family?
Move to a distant land without your friends and family?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• i did. i moved to thailand after college. I wouldn't do it now as i have a wife and kids... but if there was some alternate universe where i didn't have a family to take care of i would definitely consider moving to another place

0|1
    0|0
  • I did, a month after I turned 13. Got put on the street. Hitchhiked 3,000 miles away. Never returned.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I guess I did just that when I moved to Japan =/

0|1
    0|0
    • That is good. I hope Japan is fun.

• It was fun in the beginning and overall I guess it is a fun country to visit.
      To be honest, the longer I live here and know the people, society, etc., the less I like it, but trying to be positive. There are good things and bad things everywhere.

• 7d

Very true I agree there is good things and bad things everywhere. I always try to remain positive as well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes. I've been doing that since I was 10. The hard part of always moving around is that you have to make new friends and acquaintances every time you move to a new country. You don't lose your "old" friends, but because of the distance, you most likely would lose some of them, or see your friendship drop from "friend" to "acquaintance."

1|1
    0|0
  • That’s what I’m doing planning to do when I grow up. I’m going to move to a deserted island far, far away. I’m gonna catch fish and drink out of coconuts for the rest of my life.

1|1
    0|0
  • My and my family, (my side of the spectrum) had a major falling out, My one close friend travels the world. So yes, I would.

But there is a hitch, My better half doesn't want to move. Oh well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't done it yet, I think I could now. it's tough... need support when you need it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not think that I could. I would miss them way too much, especially my friends and my boyfriend.

0|2
    0|0
  • If it meant leaving my daughter. No. For anyone else I'd have no problem with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • yesss, not like they would care about my depressed ass anyways

0|1
    0|0
  • no. Nothing will get in the way of my relationships with my family and friends

0|1
    0|0
  • probably, most of my friends turned out to be users or two faced so I only have a few decent ones now so it wouldn't bother me too much

0|1
    0|0
  • this is exactly what i plan on doing so my answer must be yes

0|1
    0|0
  • Ya... I have no friends and aren't really part of my family dynamics anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • If I *had* to, would I have a choice in that case?
    I wouldn't want that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not do it because I would miss them too much especially my family, my girlfriend and my pet.

0|1
    0|0
  • For what reason?

0|1
    0|0
  • for what?

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|2
    0|0
  • Anything to move away from my family

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I wanted to move to Spain for a while

0|1
    0|0
  • Without my family, nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, I'm up to new adventures.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course!

0|1
    0|0
  • I did. Distance is relative in this day and age.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I can do it

0|1
    0|0
  • if its US yea i am on it

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • No way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have already done it. I would never do it again.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's been a dream of mine

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Happily

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe yes

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Already have and love it. Fresh start

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I just wanna get the hell out of here.

0|1
    0|0
  • Already did. Did 2 ski seasons in France

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Was already considering it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes for money i can do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm doing it soon.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no friends, I have no family. Never have had any, never would have any. So, hmm. I'm neutral.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah.
    I am going to do it.
    So that when I have my own babies I can raise 'my family' in a different and better way..
    Because as long as they get to enjoy their childhood and be happy I will happily make any sacrifices I have to make.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes