How would you feel if the person you love the most lied about having a disease just to get you to spend time with him/her?

Question’s inspired by a movie i just watched. Summary is that the 70 year old father of 4 grown up adults filled with a very busy life. Which leads him being left alone and feeling lonely. He was misdiagnosed with cancer. This became a reason for all his children to reunite and spend more time with him. He was then told he was only misdiagnosed and that the illness he really has can be easily cured. He kept it a secret. I mean, he tried to for as long as he can but of course every secret couldnt be kept forever.

One of his children didn't feel angry, but he instead felt sorry for his dad. The other three were upset thinking their father just made a fool out of them.
PS: my heart broke a little when the father told himself “i wish i really did have cancer”, after all of his children walked away.

How would you feel? Could be a family, a friend, etc.
  • I’d be mad and have a hard time to forgive.
  • I’d feel sorry and easily forgive.
  • Other.
    Vote C
4d
4 grown up children*

11