How does the relationship between my parents affect me?

A husband and wife are supposedly head over hills in deep love and the most exciting steps of being a parent is the the beginning, how does the depth of sacrificial love and service between two parents affect the depth of sacrificial love and service between their son or daughter. How does this correlate the love between the parents and their son/daughter. My parents used to not like each other but then not like me and like me but not each it used to be confusing. So out of the polls which is the most accurate.How does the relationship between my parents affect me?
  • More passionate deep and sacrificial the love and service between my parents the more my parents will love and satisfy me.
    Vote A
  • My parents love for me is somewhat dependant on their love for each other. Maybe even random
    Vote B
  • The more parents hate each other between the confinements of marriage the more they will love and satisfy their son / daughter /me.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Actually, imagine is not supposed to be about being in love is about doing what you're obligated to do for that person. A man is supposed to provide for his family, work, make sure it is enough money to feed the family, pay the bills oh, and help render the children. Do you have to sacrifice his needs for the needs of the wife. The wife is supposed to do the same thing also she also has her own roles to play. When it comes to handling children is a different story depending on the mindset and the personality of the child. Both parents overall should love their children, but raising children comes differently for many people. Marriage is not about the other person liking each other. Is about doing what needs to be done. They must over all learn to love and like each other, but they should never treat their children any differently. What you went through was a dysfunctional family life. However one thing that is true, is that what you see between them God forbid one day reflect how you treat your relationships and marriage. For those reasons you got to seek real guidance and wisdom regarding what is a relationship and what isn't. Your parents to sound like they going through their own struggles which is typical in any marriage. Every marriage will have its ups and downs. That's the reality.

1|1
    0|0
  • I personally believe that the love shared among one's parents or guardians is a reflection of how they value love and relationships which in turn is what they instill and display towards their children.

My biological mom and dad's relationship became toxic to where my mom had to leave him. If it wasn't for my mom refinding love and marrying my now step dad who loves my brother and I like he loves his own son... I'd probably be a mess.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think the issue is far more complicated than the choices you have presented. However, in general, people who are capable of giving and receiving genuinely love in their marriage seen to be more capable of giving and receiving love in other relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • People that have been married for a long time don´t love each other passionately, they are more like friends. The parents relationship doesn´t affect their love for their kids. That´s something different entirely.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Actually my parents my biological dad my bigoical mom and my step dad and my extended family all hates me. I don't know why I didn't do nothing wrong

But it really hard on me becsuee I am afriad that i will. Mess up my relationship with my boyfriend. But I am thankful that my boyfriend is teaching me what a relationship is and what it is supposed to be like

1|1
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Must have been rough 😩 but a least things are much better with you and your boyfriend😇 Do you think if your biological parents are deeply in love your life would have been better or is it just the way your parents are , they hate you regardless. How would things be better🤔 wishing all the best 🙃

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

Ohh I gotcha 😯

• 11 d ago

Yeah somewhat

• My mom showed that she didn't need my dad when they didn't workout and he moved on while i was age 2. It impacted me to where i had a “dont need a man” mentality and was fine with being a single mom if called for

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do polls. But yes, your parents relationship does have an affect on how you perceive and function in your relationships.
    But there is not a direct correlation - YOU get to choose. Along the same lines is how many people of difficulties and bad things that happen, but don't automatically turn into murders or felons. That is usually the excuse for bad behavior - oh I was abused, or neglected, so I turned into a murderer. pfft.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your painting a very limited vision of parents. They are human beings and just as complex as anyone else

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad loved my mom to point when she passed he couldn’t marry another woman it wouldn’t be fair to any other woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted c

0|0
    0|0
  • Married couples are usually not in love. It´s more of a comradeship.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes