How do single girls, or lesbian couples, pick the sperm donor for artificial insemination?

First, I am never in favor of a child without a father and a mother to raise them in a balanced environment.

Having said that, I know it happens on rare occasion that a girl wants a baby on her own without a guy or a lesbian couple will want the same so how do they decide on picking the sperm donor?
How do single girls, or lesbian couples, pick the sperm donor for artificial insemination?
A. They select a guy that they know who's physical features they love and ask him if he will be the donor
Vote A
B. They go to a clinic that specializes in that and look through a catalog of donors and pick the guy that has the looks they want for the new baby and use that donor
Vote B
C. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the "Artificial Insemination" survey
Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Add Opinion