How do I get to have a close relationship with my cousins?

So I'll just give a quick background. We haven't seen each other for like 15 years till a wedding when they came over from America to London last year. We knew each other when we were like 4 (So deep down I knew she existed through photos and parents talking about us).
So I visited them in the states this year since I felt like it was time to get close to them since I've always wanted to have close cousins to talk about whatever. We stayed in touch and spoke about whatever through snapchat for the past year until I came to America this year.

Now I just don't feel the same vibe once I'm here now, as in I'm not opening up and say whatever is on my mind like if one of us if being fake or both of us ain't trying to get to know each other. I usually speak whatever is on my mind with others and they open up but struggle to get close to people that really mean a lot to me. This is why I feel like I am pushing away people I care about.
What I'm trying to say is how do I get on a deeper level with someone close who you don't know anything about but deep down they are one of you (If that makes sense). I feel like girls will always follow a guys vibe and project and copy depending on how they guys attitude is
1
1