My daughters dad messaged me “I love you” after I was done video chatting my daughter?

My daughter is only 1 1/2 and since she’s with her dad for the summer I video call her every other day. Well, her dad and I have been broken up for a year because during one of our splits while I was pregnant he got another girl pregnant.. I don’t consider it cheating because we were split but then again we were in the process of reconciliation so I still felt betrayed because it’s a girl who knew we were together and so I decided to dump him and he ended up being with his other bm. A year and a half or so has passed and we’re really good at coparenting and get along very well when we’re aren’t in a relationship. I briefly mentioned how I want him to give me another child because I don’t date and have no interest in going long without having more children (I’m 28. My daughter is 2 and I want her to have more siblings that she will be able to be in school with). He agreed to give me another child (up to 2 more because I want a son) and I thought we had the understanding that there are no feelings involved in this but then he went and ruined it by messaging me that he loves me... now I feel I gotta back out of the agreement because I know that I never want to be with him again... it was a very toxic relationship and we are better people for our daughter when we work as a team with no emotions involved... what would you do? Please don’t say “I wouldn’t have another child by my ex” put yourself in my shoes and imagine that you already decided you would.. but then he/she decided to say “I love you” and ruin the whole arrangement.
2
1