I’m becoming envious of my extroverted friend?

Lately, me and my extroverted friend started to hangout more often. We go to the gym, eat in the dining hall, work on homework, and hangout outside of class together. I noticed that I started to get a bit jealous as he attracts people to him naturally. Tonight, we was eating after working out and about a lot of people walked up and had conversations with him. Completely ignoring me and everything.

He told me that I need to start talking to people. I always do that and people seem uninterested in conversation or there’s no connection. I did everything from using FORD, asking about them, and stop using open ended question but I still get the same reaction from people. I have a few friends, but everyone is just acquaintances that I see rarely.

I’m starting becoming a bit envious in how he can naturally have people gravitate towards him, even when he’s minding his own business. I would say it has something to do with looks, but even guys talk to him like they know him their entire life. So I doubt to a certain extent it has something to do with it.
0
2