Why does my dad insult my physical appearance?

I’m just above 5 feet tall.. medium skin tone.. dark hair, baby faced, dark eyes. At the moment I weigh 114/115 lbs. I recently lost about 8/9 lbs because I became extremely sick.. and was admitted to the hospital.. couldn’t keep food down for days.. am now just recovering. So I look kind of frail, weak, thin atm. My dad has made some very nasty comments regarding my appearance. I’m in my early 20s and already have had some issues with my self esteem. He pointed out to me earlier.. it’s a shame you’re such a bone rack now.. you kind of look like a skinny rat. He calls me BR “bone rack” quite often. I’ve always been a regular gym goer.. before I lost this weight I did have a fuller figure.. bigger ass/legs. He said you wonder why there aren’t any men interested in you... no legs and no ass who wants that.. I liked you at the weight you were before.. you had such a good figure.. it’s such a shame you lost it.. you look dead. You need to really focus on eating more, you need to get your ass back. These are things he has said. I already feel ugly and horrible.. I just feel like giving up entirely on myself.. I don’t know why he would say these things to me.. he’s my father... I feel so hurt.. I even said so.. he said I’m not an asshole I’m just looking at you and giving you my honest opinion.. who’s gonna wanna touch someone without curves. I’m 115 lbs not 80 lbs seriously.. treating me like it’s my own fault. Even my own mother calls me boobless. How do I handle something like this?
Why does my dad insult my physical appearance?
Add Opinion