Did you ever feel overlooked by your parents when their grandchild (your kid) or your younger sibling came along?

When my sis came along, I was still my moms fave but my grandpa was really bad at pointing out who was the baby. Like he’d buy things and not even care about getting me anything. He did the same to my mom when I came along. It basically took this many years for him to acknowledge me as well when buying things for my sibling. Im gonna definitely try to treat my kids/grandkids equally when buying things for them. I dont feel the “but you’re the older one” should matter especially since we were both under 7 at the time when this first started. And im not just talking buying stuff. I mean in terms of showing attention too
#FeelFreeToList #ParentalFavoritism
44
16