Do your parents expect you to pay them back for all they've done for you?

DizzyDesii
i know they say honor thy parents but to me, that feels more like honor them with respect... not financially pay them back for all they’ve done for you... like hey y'all chose to be parents and i thank you for giving me life but dang... My dad for example wasn't in my life much after age 3 yet he thinks he can randomly call me asking for help paying his bills. My mom is getting back the same amount in tax refund as me, bt she wants to spend mine 👀 My grandpa had the nerve to ask for some of it himself after spending most of his funds on lottery ticket scratchoffs. I just dont get most parents... and the excuse is always AFTER EVERYTHING I’VE DONE FOR YOU! YOU can't DO THIS ONE THING FOR ME.. its the fact that its never just one thing. I spent most of my college refunds on my fam and saw that as paying them back. I also had to give 75% of each check from my first job to my mom for her bills. Basically it took a while for me to get smart with my money... and now that I am, my fam can't handle it. My bday is this weekend and I just want to shop/gamble but my fam is already holding their hands out asking for money to celebrate with me. Anyways, do your parents ever say that you owe them financially for raising you #FeelFreeToList
Do your parents expect you to pay them back for all theyve done for you?
Yes my parents expect me to repay them financially
Yes my parents expect me to repay them by taking care of them physically when they get older
Yes my parents expect both of the above
Vote C
No my parents dont expect either
Vote D
I haven't experienced this just yet
Vote E
GirlGuy
8 d
Guess i should go back to capitalizing YOU/YOUR because this is a general question regarding your own damn parents people. y'all know I always provide an example from my own experience in paragraph form above... lets not act like this is new
64
32