Is my friend being a huge fucking asshole or what?

Anonymous
We are both 25. When I got into my relationship I did neglect my friend. He would text me and I would rarely text back or not text at all. I was really wrapped up in my relationship since it just started. Then after a few months my friend pointed out my distance and ignoring him made him feel like shit and he's just trying to keep out friendship going. I apologized and told him I would try to be a better friend which didn't last long sadly. A while ago he told me he was going to stop putting so much effort into keeping our friendship going since it seems like I don't care and if I want to be his friend then I have to text him, instead of him always texting me. So I've been doing that, texting him once a week. Last week I texted him and he didn't reply the entire week. So today I texted him I asked why he's ignoring me and if he's mad. And he replied, "No I'm not mad just busy. You went weeks or even months without even trying to text me, so it's the same thing isn't it?" So is he punishing me? What do you think about it all? Do you think he's being a huge asshole?
Is my friend being a huge fucking asshole or what?
Add Opinion