If a parent that left you comes back later on in your life, would you forgive them and invite them back into your lives?

Sonorous
It's weird because none of my fathers actually left me. They just chose not to participate in my life. In both instances, my mother moved away and they didn't want to move with her. But that doesn't explain away the lack of follow up. My biological father knew me for like a month before we moved away. And my stepfather of 10 years has made no efforts to contact me and created a family of his own. I would definitely forgive them, but I wouldn't let them in my life though. I'd just want them to know that although theirs was massive, everyone makes mistakes.

Photo by "Toa Heftiba" on Unsplash
2
5