Is moving out of my parent’s house selfish?

Walamagicc
I’m moving out into a 3 by 3 apartment in approximately 2 weeks. I will have my own room along with my own bathroom but I will have to share the living room area. And yes I will have locks for everything. I don’t know who exactly is living there but as far as I know it’s one other girl, but I have no idea who she is. My dad found out and he got upset and said I’m not ready to support myself. I believe I can and want to get on my own feet. I already have my own car and it’s paid off already.

He makes me feel so guilty sometimes for wanting to leave the nest and always condescendingly telling me I won’t make it without their support. My mom on the other hand doesn’t really care what I do.

I also feel that I don’t get the respect that I deserve living in their household. My dad talks to me like I’m in high school still and tells me “go to my room.” “You’re too young to have sleepovers.” And etc, silly things along with that. Mostly my parents just don’t respect or treat me like an adult and I hate it. I also still have a curfew and they still want me to tell them everywhere I’m going. Is what I’m doing a selfish act?
1
1