Is it wrong to defend myself if my brother starts calling me a bitch, battle ax, and liar constantly... because I asked him if he wanted a bagel?

GeekyGirl16
Seriously, my brother hurls insults at me anytime I say anything to him and yells at me for an hour because I asked him if he wanted a blueberry or plain bagel with scrambled eggs for dinner one night. And he keeps doing it if I say anything to him. If my mum is around and I say to him “please stop yelling at me and cursing at me” she tells ME to be quiet because I’m only making it worse and antagonizing him. I’m not allowed to tell him to stop, I just have to deal with it because “I should understand he has mental problems.” I get that he’s 24 and has no intention of leaving her household because he is autistic and probably suffering from schizophrenic paranoia (Why leave a place where mommy doesn’t make you work or pay for food or go to school), but... I was forced to move home from my final semester at college because of Covid and am planning to move out as soon as possible (I’m 21 after all) and I’m not allowed to defend myself verbally against a dude who keeps yelling at me and saying bad things about me (constantly, to anyone who will listen) for hours. I really don’t understand why I should be in trouble. Yet mum is always telling me to be more assertive? Because THAT makes sense 😒
14 d
Sorry about complaining everybody >~<
4
1