How can I make my wife see that her daughter is using and taking advantage of her?

Anonymous
My wife’s daughter convinces her to spend money on classes/ lessons and camps for her art (painting, drawing, photography, and digital art) and computer science hobbies. It seems like sees always enrolling in some type of extracurricular activity or always needs supplies or equipment (my wife just bought her the Apple Pencil and another sketchbook). Not only this, she sees a therapist weekly (neurological disorder along with other issues) and that can be costly.

My wife says that they are rewards for her getting all A’s and completing her chores without being asked. I don’t think that you should be rewarded for doing something you’re supposed to be doing anyway. When I was eight-years-old, I didn’t get rewarded at all, let alone get expensive rewards. My wife also makes the argument that it’s good for her to be around other kids she has things in common with and that these art and computer science classes are a good investment in her future (which sounds like bullshit because children can be flaky).

How can I make my wife see that her daughter is using her?
2
1