Is "bitch" really an appropriate cuss word for my 8-year-old brother use?

I know for a fact bitch is a cuss word if used in the wrong way. However, I was quite surprised to hear my brother use that word. He was on his XBOX calling one of his cousins a bitch, but my mom and I both heard it and she didn't do anything about it. I looked at him like, "What the heck did he say?"

He loves to yell while on his headphones too. I know bitch is an audible word on most TV stations. But OK for an 8yo to say?

My mom really only cringes when she hears f*ck or the N-word. My stepdad is a bit more strict and barely even tolerates "frickin"

WHAT IS funny however, is that I never hear my brother use light cuss words like crap, damn, hell, piss or ass (he always uses substitutes like poo, darn/dang, heck, pee and butt); but he went on to use a word at least a level higher. I'd say bitch is on par with bastard or shit, depending on the context.
Yes
No
GirlGuy
1 mo
My stepdad does cuss a lot while speaking to him especially when he is mad at him or shaming his feelings or body
1
3