I'm Worried About My Best Friend, What Should I Do?

jegrah
I've been best friends with this girl for 12 years now and recently she's become very distant with me. For example, I text her back in June asking when she was coming back to our hometown for her (and her brother's) birthdays, both at the beginning of this month. She took about two weeks getting back to me, which is unlike her. But stipulated she would be coming back to see family/friends. It got closer to the time and I heard nothing from her with regards to meeting up. We've spent most of her birthdays together since we were kids and I usually got invited out with her family. However, she finally text back (after some prompting from her Mum) that she's not coming home for her birthday, but didn't give a reason. So today I stopped off at her place (which happens to be on the way to my Dad's house). I did let her know I was going to my Dad's beforehand and that I might as well quickly stop off to hand her birthday presents over. She now lives with her boyfriend, who she had only known for several months before hand, in his garage. The garage is in the garden of his family home. Neither of them drive and they live out in the middle of nowhere. I left the birthday presents by the front door and text her to let her know. I waited a couple of doors down (where my car was parked) and she wouldn't come out whilst I was about. She said she was too anxious to say hi because of what's going on. But as long as we keep at least 2 metres apart, I can't really see what the problem is. Sadly, she didn't come out to see me, so I left as prompted. I just think it's all really out of character for her. After many years of friendship it's like she doesn't want much (or any) contact with me anymore. Last I saw of her was an evening out back in February and she seemed fine. It's not like we exchanged any words and our other friends haven't had any contact with her either. I just feel like something's seriously wrong and I'm losing my friend. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.
I'm Worried About My Best Friend, What Should I Do?
Add Opinion