Is this weird or am I over thinking?

Prettygurl12
My husband and I have been married for two years. I work full time and he attends school (graduates next May).

Recently I was speaking with my mother in law about what our plans were following my husband's graduation and I mentioned that we were saving up for a downpayment on a house. My MIL told me not to worry about saving money because my husband has some money in an account from his grandparents and we "won't have any issue with a downpayment."

She then dropped the subject and refused to tell me how much was in the account (too be fair, I only asked once).

My husband had no idea about this account and when he asked her about it she told him not to worry about it.

I think it's highly unusual that my MIL would mention the account and then not say how much was in it - especially since it's her son's money and he's clearly an adult so. Plus if we knew how much was in there then we could properly budget for buying a house.

But then I thought that maybe I'm thinking too much and I should just let it go.

So... is it weird or nah?

Currently I'm just planning on acting as though the money doesn't exist and if there IS money in an account somewhere that he magically has access to in the future we'll just have a larger downpayment than originally planned.
Yes, that's odd of her to clam up like that
No, totally normal for her not to tell you
GirlGuy
Is this weird or am I over thinking?
10
2