Is it ok to leave for college?

Anonymous
My mom isn’t huge on the idea I left for college. She’s worried about the pandemic and I agree. I follow the rules. But she tells me to do my classes online from home. Because I’m not getting the college experience and it’s a lot of money to pay back. I have anxiety and a lot of worries. I was home sick my first week ever living on my own. But I felt a sense of independence. But my college offers an option to take all the classes online from home. While that sounds great. I do get bored of home life. I wanted a change. Of course I’m following the rules of covid to protect myself and others. but I am still enjoying meeting new people and a new environment. I am lonely There a lot because there isn’t a lot to do. But it’s only been 4 days. But I met some new people and we went out for dinner. My mom says they wouldn’t care if I came back or didn’t to school. She then says she thought her children were never to supposed to leave her. And wished she never sent me to therapy because my therapist wanted me to learn how to be alone and independent. I know it’s a crazy time to go to college but I feel guilty. I am also worried. I have extreme anxiety. My mom has been supportive of me when I call her when I’m nervous but I know when I call when I’m upset, it takes a toll on her too. I don’t know the correct answer or what to do. I have until Monday to decide but I don’t know. I am torn.
Is it ok to leave for college?
Add Opinion