I feel like a “object” to my dad rather than a person. How can I deal with this?

Anonymous
I feel like an “object” to my dad than an actual person with my own individual goals, feelings, opinions, etc. If my own goals, feelings, opinions, desires, etc. differs from what he wants for me or thinks I should feel or do, he gets upset or criticized me to no end. I feel like he always tries to mold me to his liking.

For example, I moved thirty minutes away two months ago for work and he is upset and giving me the silent treatment. He doesn’t like my hair and he won’t shut up about how he wants me to do to a hairstylist to get it done.

It’s to the point to where I really don’t want to deal with him. How do I deal with a parent that can’t except me for who I am but gets upset when I’m being distant?
1
0