In a choice of saving 'the mother or the baby' during childbirth, which would you choose? Why?

dangerDoge
The mother dying during childbirth is a relatively common tragedy in stories. Heck, it's pretty much gave Darth Vader the final push in becoming evil. I was reading another story recently that had a scene where the caretaker assisting the mother asked the father 'either the baby or the mother, choose.'

My question is, in a case where it was YOUR [hypothetical] child being birthed (e. g. you're the father/mother in the scenario, respective to your gender), and some complication happened where it became a choice of either the mother or the baby's life, would you rather prioritize saving: the mother or the baby?

Bonus question: Is there a 'right' or 'wrong' choice in this matter?
In a choice of saving the mother or the baby during childbirth, which would you choose? Why?
Prioritize saving the mother
Prioritize saving the child
(See Answers but I have no opinion)
Vote C
GirlGuy
9
9