I think my friend is jealous of our mutual friend’s engagement. What should I do? Should I tell our mutual friend?

Anonymous
Quick backstory: Friend (Mary) had a boyfriend of 7 years, got engaged, and then they broke up two years ago. He married someone just this past summer. Other friend (Ann) got engaged to her boyfriend of a year and a month yesterday.

All was good until friend Ann mentioned that boyfriend said he fell in love with her on the 5th day of knowing her. Like she detailed it. He got on one knee and said he knew she was the one on Friday when they met on Sunday. He got them a really nice hotel room and took her out all that weekend. Delivered flowers to her workplace personally the following week with a love letter, too.

That was a year ago. Well, Mary keeps telling us that she thinks Ann is lying. She also thinks they’ll end in divorce. She also said Ann should not accept her parents gift of $30,000 towards a wedding. She also thinks Ann is rushing.

I personally think Mary is just mad that Ann is getting her happily ending after a year of dating while Mary invested over 7 years just for the dude to marry someone else.

Ann asked Mary to be the maid of honor. Ann does not know Mary has been talking shit. Should I tell her? I think Mary will intentionally do things to ruin Ann’s experience. We are all 30, and I think Mary is mad that she wasn’t the first to get married.
0
1