Why do people do this shit?

HowAwkwardToBeAlive
My family is literally so fucking difficult that it honestly hurts, I try so hard to be kind and to be patient but they always want more and they always try to put themselves above me like I’m insignificant.

My sister and I just had an entire argument because I didn’t want to do her a favor, something she could simply do herself. And whenever she asks for favors I always do them for her, but the one time I say no she gets mad at me?

Her reasoning for being mad is that “it’s so sad that I don’t want to help her when she doesn’t feel well” which is bullshit because I don’t feel well either, literally ever. Maybe I’m not sick but I think mental health issues are just as serious.

She says that “she does things that she doesn’t want to do all of the time” and I just don’t get why that’s my fault because I never told her that she had to do anything. I literally never ask for anything yet everyone always expects everything from me.

Why do people always have this sense of entitlement? Why do they always want to hold shit over your head? Whenever she does anything for me it’s always “well I did this so you HAVE to do this” and whenever I stand my ground it’s an argument because she doesn’t understand that no means no.

She always makes me feel like I’m not good enough whether I do things for her or not, it’s always “you owe me this or you should do this for me because I asked” and if I don’t want to she wants to be bitter and act like I’m a shitty person but when I need something done I simply DO IT MYSELF.
Why do people do this shit?
2
2