Is it surprising if a tall black man gets abused by his white wife?

Anonymous
This seemed like a rare case. The guy was decent, hard worker and family oriented. Even though his wife got physical few times (slaps or punches), it was mainly threats of never seeing his kids again if he leaves her or if he ever loses his temper and lays a hand her she will hit and cut herself and even get him in trouble for rape.

He was 6'2, had the appearances of a tough black man and his wife was an insignificant 5'4, thin, white woman that seemed sweet and innocent on the outside. My friend and I were once shocked when our male co-worker sat with us one day and started crying, revealing it all. He did ended up getting support from his parent and us though. I have to say that the divorce wasn't easy. He had to get a restraining order against her. She kept following him afterwards and leaving angry voicemails of never seeing the kids again.

Would this be surprising to you? Is this a rare case?
Yes
No
GirlGuy
7
1