How to tell a friend that they are being annoying without hurting their feelings?

Anonymous
I have a friend who is very energetic all the time. I’m kind of an introvert and being around her for hours, drains my energy. I’m not trying to be mean, I enjoy her friendship/company, it’s just that she’s very hyper all the time and it’s annoying. For example, we’ll be studying together, and she’ll see me doing my work, but she’ll just keep talking, or start singing (we’re both music majors, so she’ll actually start singing opera in the middle of our study sessions) or play a game on her laptop without using headphones, and it’s very annoying. I know she has said that some people call her annoying/high energy and it hurts her feelings, but I don’t know what to do. I’m soft spoken, so I’m kind of used to this, but sometimes when I’m talking, she’ll talk over me and it’s annoying. I don’t think she does it to be rude, I think she’s so full of energy that she doesn’t realize she’s doing it. We’re both 22.
0
1