What to do about a friend who keeps calling me stupid over a decision I made?

Anonymous
I started talking to one of my guy friends more back in March and things were going great until covid (we couldn’t see each other and his communication started to slack). Anyway, we were still able to text and we planned for me to visit him in Delaware (I’m from North Carolina and he’s from Delaware, but we go to the same college in NC- that’s how I know him). The car that I have wouldn’t have made it that far because of some issues and bad tires, so I rented a car (got a college student deal) to go see him. I told my best friend about the trip and she seemed happy for me. However, every time we’re around friends and talking about guys, she always mentions how stupid I was to rent a car to go see a guy. I don’t like that, but I’m not sure how to bring this up to her. I know she probably doesn’t agree with what I did (renting a car to see a guy) but that doesn’t give her the right to call me stupid.
2
0